The Premier Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Corpus Christi!
Weight Loss Alternatives that Work!
Vitamin B-12 plays an important role in a number of functions in the body, such as DNA synthesis, energy production, nerve cell health, red blood cell formation, and neurological function. A deficiency in B-12 can lead to an array of health problems– from fatigue, to neurological changes– but it can be used to solve many health problems, and they are also a great way to lose weight.
B-12 can be taken in a pill form, or through injection, depending on what your doctor feels is best for you. This vitamin is prescribed along with your usual regimen of diet and exercise, and can help promote energy and boost your metabolism.
Want to try B-12 as part of your diet plan? Contact us today!
Our B-12 injection is simply a concentrated form of Vitamin B-12. One injection per week is adequate but you may purchase more if you like. They are safe and there should be no adverse side effects.
We use what we consider to be a better form of B12 for all our injections – Hydroxocobalamin. One study suggests that once absorbed, Hydroxocobalamin may be retained in the body better than Cyanocobalamin (standard B12). Hydroxocobalamin has also been studied in conjunction with sleep-wake rhythm disorders, where it appears to yield benefits.
Vitamin B12 is an important nutrient as it keeps the brain and nervous system functioning normally and for the formation of red blood cells. By synthesizing and regulating DNA, B12 is involved in cellular metabolism. It also plays a vital role in fatty acid synthesis and energy production.
Many medications, certain medical conditions, and the normal aging process can lead to a B12 deficiency. The injections should increase your energy level and improve your mood. Many of our patients feel that this injection gives them the energy necessary to stick with their reduced calorie food plans and increased activity.
You do not need an appointment to receive an injection. If, on your initial doctor’s visit, the provider determines you can take B-12 injections, all you need do is come by the office during regular office hours.
B Vitamins work so closely with one other that a deficiency in any one B Vitamin can lead to poor functioning of any or all of the others even if they are in good supply. B vitamins have been long thought of as anti-aging treatments to enhance energy levels and address the slowing metabolism that is common as we age. B Vitamins are particularly important for energy, stable moods, healthier skin, hair and eyes. If you have trouble with low energy levels, a slow metabolism and weight gain, you may benefit from our B Complex injections.
Our B Complex injections contain a base of Hydroxocobalamin (B12) plus a proprietary formulation of:
- Thiamin (B1). Thiamin is an important coenzyme that helps the body convert food into energy. It also assists in manufacturing fat and metabolizing protein. Thiamin is necessary to maintain normal function in the nervous system while playing a part in the chain of reactions that provides energy for the body. It is thought to be beneficial for people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and older adults with mental impairment. Thiamin studies on volunteers have claimed an increase in mental acuity.
- Riboflavin 5 Phosphate (B2). Riboflavin works together with the family of B-complex vitamins to provide the body with energy by metabolizing carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It also helps in the regeneration of glutathione, an enzyme that rids the body of free radicals. Riboflavin may be able to decrease the number of migraine headaches a person has. It might also help to prevent cataracts. Riboflavin has helped to increase iron levels for those suffering from iron-deficiency anemia.
- Niacinamide (B3). Niacin works with other b-complex vitamins to metabolize food and provide energy for the body. Niacin is very effective at correcting high cholesterol and preventing or reversing heart disease. It can be used to treat insulin-dependent diabetes. Some studies indicate it might also be effective in treating arthritis and migraine headaches.
- D-Pantothenol (B5). Pantothenic Acid helps the body extract energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It also helps to metabolize fats and produce red blood cells and hormones from the adrenal gland. Vitamin B5 might be useful in treating rheumatoid arthritis. It could also be used to lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Pantothenic acid is commonly found in “anti-stress” formulas because it works with the adrenal gland to produce stress hormones.
- Pyridoxine HCL (B6). Pyridoxine is effective against more than 100 health conditions. It’s used against maladies as serious as heart disease and everyday aggravations such as premenstrual syndrome and sensitivity to MSG. It can even help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
Our Effective Weight Loss Plans Are Designed Just For You!
5920 Saratoga Boulevard
Corpus Christi, Texas 78414
Advanced Weight Loss Medical Weight Loss Clinic
THERMiva, ThermiSmooth, Sculpsure, & Bioidentical Hormones!
Read About Our Weight Loss Success Stories!
Advanced Weight Loss is pleased to announce our B-12 shots! B-12 is a highly important vitamin to many of our bodily functions, but it can also be used to promote weight loss. By increasing energy and metabolism, B-12 is a great way to loose weight alongside your diet...
Credit: Verywellfit Advanced Weight Loss is pleased to announce our Lipotropic Injections! Lipotropic injections are a great way to boost your weight loss and achieve the best version of you in shorter time. They are safe, effective and fast! Read our new page on...
Credit: The Harvard Gazette No matter how much weight someone has to lose, everyone hits a slump in their weight loss journey. They find the pounds aren't spilling off as easily as they once did, and perhaps even stall completely. This can be incredibly frustrating,...
Credit: Nutritional Healing Welcome to 2019! Every single year, when the clock strikes midnight and we go from December 31 to January 1, millions of people vow to lose weight and get healthy. In January, people are motivated. Gyms are full and people set strict diets....
Credit: Sonoma Magazine In a few days, many of us will be meeting up with family and friends to sit down in front of a glorious Thanksgiving spread. The holiday is a day of thanks and eating that many look forward to—but those who have been on a recent weight loss...
Summer is a time for food, fun, and family! Breaking out those grills and getting the brothers, sisters, friends, and all of their families over for a huge get-together is something of an Amercian tradition during the summer months. And if you're planning on hosting...